I was seriously in the mood for something other than my standard green smoothie this morning. So I came up with these nutty blueberry muffins made with spelt flour. If you haven’t used spelt yet… it’s super easy… it’s a one for one exchange with white flour…. but with loads of health benefits.
- 2 Cups Organic Spelt Flour
- 1 Cup Almond Meal Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Add in and mix….
- 1 Cup Rice Milk (Almond or Soy would work as well)
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tb Rice Vinegar; not seasoned or sweetened
- 1 Cup Thick Cut Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Wild Blueberries – frozen (don’t over mix these in or your batter will turn blue)
Fill 12-15 muffin papers in a muffin tin 3/4 the way full. Bake 20 -25 min at 350 degrees.